Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Real George Reese (Profile a Peer)

       George Reese, a senior at Norton High School and a caption of the Lancer's Football team, is a character I was happy to sit down with and learn more about.
       George is a friendly guy who can relate to almost anyone. For example, he has broken his ankle before and still lives to tell the story of how the trainer made him walk back to the school with a broken ankle, but that's a story for him to tell. He also favors the movie "Stepbrothers" because "of the relevance in the movie." He enjoys traveling as he has been to Mexico before and he says he prefers the city because your life is all in one place. He is an honest guy who admits he eats too much fast food and likes all music except country.
       One thing you need to know is that Mr. George Reese loves football. When I asked him if he likes sports, he simply corrected and said he loves sports. So his follow up answer to what sport do you like the most was no surprise coming from Norton's captain when he explained, "Football, it is the greatest sport on earth." Nothing else had to be said to feel this young man's passion for the game, which explains his die-hard fandom for the Philadelphia Eagles. When I asked him, "If you were to die in a week and had $1,000,000, what would you do?" He simply replied, "I would go to Phily and watch the Eagles play!" This was another example of George's love for the game and his team.
        Some things you might not know about George is his dream job is to be a teacher/football coach. This shocked me but it showed his drive to do what makes him happy and successful. Also, George has a very kind personality and it is shown when he answer my question, "If you won a billion dollars right now, what is the first thing you would buy?" He very calmly answered, "Turf Fields for Norton High School." Of course like any human being he wanted it named after him and I believe that shows another side of him and how he can relate to others. He also answered my question, "Do you want to get married someday?" with a every common answer, "Do I want to...no. Will I...probably." This shows his attitude compared to everyone and how similar it is.
       After talking with George, he appears to me as a person who is satisfied with his situation and strives to make every day just a little bit better for everyone around him. Therefore, he is someone I can see many people looking up to as a leader and as a friend.

5 comments:

  1. Stepbrothers is a great movie, I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever this George Reese kid is, he seems like a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope he wins a million dollars! We need a turf field!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you when you say you like all music besides country, I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete